Share this post
Ever wondered how Magnum York helps your Condominium Board deal with Condo Bylaws? Magnum York helps the board
- Assist the Board in its By-law review and recommending possible changes
- Assist in obtaining legal advice for any by-law changes
- Assist in obtaining owner compliance with by-laws, rules and regulations in accordance with the by-laws.
- Assist in setting policies in accordance with by-laws
In addition to the above, we take a detailed approach to a variety of issues that may come up in condo meetings or with the owners. Condo Law Alberta has a great post outlining the Bylaws and Rules that govern a condominium complex.
The article talks about Bylaws and mentions the following:
- Pets: whether they’re allowed, how many and types are allowed, whether board approval is required, etc.
- Age Restrictions: whether there is a minimum age to live in the building, whether children are allowed, etc.
- Aesthetic restrictions: the colour of window coverings, whether planters are allowed on balconies, etc.
- Renovation guidelines: installation of hardwood flooring may require extra soundproofing, etc.
- Parking restrictions: types of vehicles that can be parked, visitor parking rules, etc.
- Use of amenities: hours of operation, maintenance standards, visitor policies, etc.
- Condo governance: electing board members, meeting schedule, voting procedures, bylaw amendments, etc.
- Bylaw enforcement: penalties for not following bylaws.
On a different note, we wanted to again highlight some information about Condo Laws in Alberta. Most of us are aware of the changes to the Condominium Property Act and we have posted about it before. The Real Estate Council of Alberta is also making some changes in regards to the regulatory model for condominium managers:
The Real Estate Council of Alberta’s (RECA) Condominium Manager Implementation Advisory Committee (CMIAC) recently completed Phase 1 of the Condominium Manager Regulation Consultation. As a result of this consultation, CMIAC provided, and Council approved, recommendations in six areas.
We would love to hear from you if you have any questions regarding the changes, about Condo Bylaws or if you are seeking more information on Magnum York property management services.
Magnum York operates in Alberta and serves Olds, Fort McMurray, Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer. We are proud Albertans and have been providing quality condominium and rental management services for over 20 years.