Share this post
property management education apple books reca cci rei real estate learning alberta

Property Management Education in Alberta

Property Management Education in the property management industry can come in many forms including a variety of organizations that provide additional education. Whether through Licensing, Certificates, Administration Diplomas and/or Designations. Learn more about them in this blog post.


Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) – Licensing

The Real Estate Council of Alberta is the one and only governing body that oversees Alberta’s Real Estate Brokerages, Mortgage Brokerages, Real Estate Appraisal professionals and the Property Management industry. To find out more about RECA please visit their website at

All rental property managers must be licensed in order to partake in the trade of real estate. This includes the property management brokerage and leasing agents. RECA provides extensively detailed courses to become licensed.

Currently, Condominium Managers do NOT have to be licensed to manage Condominium Corporations. Under the Government of Alberta’s December 2014 REA amendments (which are not yet proclaimed), RECA will license and regulate all persons who provide services to condominiums. In anticipation of the new regulations, Magnum York will add an additional license to our Property Managers.


Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI) – Certificates

The Canadian Condominium Institute is a respectable organization for Condominium Managers and Board Members to continue, refresh or start anew for additional information in running a Condominium Corporation.

There are 3 levels of courses CCI 100, 200 & 300. The CCI 100 course is a good starting base for board members to obtain clarification or additional information on how a condominium corporation should run.


Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC) – Designations

Like any organization or career, there are specialty courses in the Property Management Industry. These are called Designations and have added value to Board Members if they have a property manager with additional education next to their license.

REIC manages each designation course and the requirements for each property manager to complete them. To find out more about designations please visit REIC’s website at

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments (0)

Leave a Reply