Making the Most of Your Money:
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO CONDO BUDGETING FOR BOARD MEMBERS
Tuesday, September 12, 2023
5:30PM to 6:30PM
Knowledge is Power! Whether you are on a condo board, are thinking of joining the board, or own a condo, it’s important to know how to create, understand and plan for your condominium corporations annual budget. Join Magnum York President, Alex Casuga, as he delivers this informative and interactive training Session.
Magnum York Property Management Ltd.
With a range and depth of experience in Real Estate and Property Management, Alex Casuga brings operational, management and leadership experience to the Magnum York team. With over nearly 25 years in leasing and transactions and more than 20 years in operations and property management, Alex has acquired comprehensive experience in all aspects of real estate and asset management.
Specialties: Property and Real Estate Management, lease preparation and drafting, budgeting, commercial real estate due dilligence, commercial financing, procurement, contracts and faciliites management and operations.
- On Tuesday, June 27, 2023, Doug Dixon from the Real Estate Council of Alberta discussed the quickly evolving industry of property management and discover the power of setting the standard for effective governance to minimize risk and empower communities. Read more here: Webinar Recap: Behind the Curtain with RECA – An Exclusive Interview with Doug Dixon from the Real Estate Council of Alberta
- On Tuesday, May 30, 2023, Davin Layton, Senior Project Advisor at Fort Sands Construction gives tips on how to walk around your property and keep an eye out for the most visible, and costly deficiencies in your property. Be sure to read the recap and download your FREE eBook here: Webinar Recap: Spot the Problem, Save the Day – A Condo Boards Guide to Preventative Maintenance with Fort Sands Construction
- On Tuesday, February 28, 2023, Three panellists from BFL Canada discussed the Myths and Facts of Condo Insurance. Following a quick poll session, it was revealed that 75% of the attendees could not dispel the myths from the facts as it relates to condo insurance. To test your knowledge, view our webinar recap here: Webinar Recap: Myth vs. Fact – A Guide to Understanding Condominium Insurance with BFL Canada
- On Tuesday, November 22, 2022, Curtis Azevedo from First Onsite Restoration gave a very interesting presentation on various kinds of hazards for properties and how restoration companies help. To be prepared for the unexpected, read the recap here: Webinar Recap: Restoration 101 – What Happens When Disaster Strikes?
- On Tuesday, October 18, 2022, Magnum York hosted Kelly McFadyen to discuss Major Capital Projects for Condo Associations, and their options to finance the projects rather than increase condo fees, or call for special assessments. To see if this could be the right option for you, please click here: Webinar Recap: Condo Project Management – To Finance or Not to Finance, That is the Question
- On Tuesday, September 20, 2022, Magnum York hosted a Webinar with three Panelists from SVR Lawyers to talk about Bylaws. What they are, How do you enforce them, and how do you go about changing them. View the recap here: Webinar Recap: Bylaws, By Law – The What, Why & How with SVR Lawyers
- On Tuesday, May 3, 2022, Magnum York hosted a webinar for reserve fund investment strategies. To review the recap, please click here: https://magnumyork.com/blog/webinar-recap-the-reserve-fund-mistake-thats-costing-condo-boards-thousands-of-dollars/
- On Tuesday, March 29, 2022, Magnum York hosted a Portal Training Webinar. To review the recap, please click here: https://magnumyork.com/blog/webinar-recap-a-guide-to-better-faster-service-reporting-web-portal-traning/
- On Tuesday, February 8, 2022, Magnum York hosted a Condo Board Meeting Minutes Bootcamp Webinar where attendees learned about proper meeting minutes and processes and how they are the foundations of good condo board meeting governance. Topics included; how to make your meeting minutes better, how to limit board & personal liability, and how to avoid the top 3 mistakes in condo minute taking. To view a recap of this webinar and to download our Meeting Minutes eBook, please click here: https://magnumyork.com/blog/webinar-recap-condo-board-meeting-minutes-bootcamp/
- On Tuesday, November 30th 2021, we gathered a panel of security experts to discuss how to keep your home and building safe. With tips, technology and techniques they are using to keep residents and their possessions safer. Identified as the single biggest complaint of multi-family residential owners about their property, this webinar recap can kickstart your safe journey:
- On Tuesday, October 19th, 2021, Roberto Noce of Miller Thomson LLP presented in “The Legal Facts of Condominium Life”. Roberto discussed recent cases of lawsuits against condo boards and the outcomes of those cases. He also answered some attendee questions in an extended Q&A period. See the webinar recap here:
- On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, guest panelist Steven Laidlaw of Reserve Plus discussed the MYRPlanner software and how it will help to manage Reserve Fund Studies for condos. For a full recap and a copy of the webinar video, please visit our blog post:
- On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, guest panelists from MBC Group discussed building envelope from an engineering perspective on risk control and mitigation for condo properties. For a recap of the presentation and discussion, please see our blog post:
- On Thursday, May 27, 2021, Magnum York’s Executive Team hosted a Customer Townhall. For a summary of the discussion and presentation, please see our blog:
- On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Roberto Noce, Q.C. of Miller Thomson LLP joined Magnum York to discuss the latest condominium case law and court decisions and why owners are suing more condo boards than ever. For videos and a summary of the discussion, please see our blog:
- On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, Magnum York, BFL Canada, and Go West Valuations Corp discussed the current state of condo insurance in Alberta in 2021 and how it impacts your Condominium Corporation and Owners, For videos and a summary of the discussion, please see our blog: