The Reserve Fund Mistake That’s Costing Condo Boards Thousands of Dollars
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
5:30PM to 6:30PM
“Scotia Wealth Management presents investment thinking for condo reserve plans in uncertain times.”
In a condominium, your reserve fund is used for major repairs of the capital assets of the corporation. The money deposited into the fund comes from a portion of the money paid by unit owners for either common expenses or by way of special assessments (plus any interest or investments that are legally allowed).
It’s important to understand your reserve fund management.
Join Jessica Rempel, CFA, Wealth Advisor at ScotiaMcLeod, as she explains the in’s and out’s of the current trends of investing and how to build reserve fund strategies for your condominium to contribute to your financial goals. With a strong background in finance and banking, Jessica prides herself on thinking outside the box to find the most fitting solution for every client’s unique situation. Jessica graduated from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Finance and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) charterholder.
- On Tuesday, March 29, 2022, Magnum York hosted a Portal Training Webinar. To review the recap, please click here: https://magnumyork.com/blog/webinar-recap-a-guide-to-better-faster-service-reporting-web-portal-traning/
- On Tuesday, February 8, 2022, Magnum York hosted a Condo Board Meeting Minutes Bootcamp Webinar where attendees learned about proper meeting minutes and processes and how they are the foundations of good condo board meeting governance. Topics included; how to make your meeting minutes better, how to limit board & personal liability, and how to avoid the top 3 mistakes in condo minute taking. To view a recap of this webinar and to download our Meeting Minutes eBook, please click here: https://magnumyork.com/blog/webinar-recap-condo-board-meeting-minutes-bootcamp/
- On Tuesday, November 30th 2021, we gathered a panel of security experts to discuss how to keep your home and building safe. With tips, technology and techniques they are using to keep residents and their possessions safer. Identified as the single biggest complaint of multi-family residential owners about their property, this webinar recap can kickstart your safe journey:
- On Tuesday, October 19th, 2021, Roberto Noce of Miller Thomson LLP presented in “The Legal Facts of Condominium Life”. Roberto discussed recent cases of lawsuits against condo boards and the outcomes of those cases. He also answered some attendee questions in an extended Q&A period. See the webinar recap here:
- On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, guest panelist Steven Laidlaw of Reserve Plus discussed the MYRPlanner software and how it will help to manage Reserve Fund Studies for condos. For a full recap and a copy of the webinar video, please visit our blog post:
- On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, guest panelists from MBC Group discussed building envelope from an engineering perspective on risk control and mitigation for condo properties. For a recap of the presentation and discussion, please see our blog post:
- On Thursday, May 27, 2021, Magnum York’s Executive Team hosted a Customer Townhall. For a summary of the discussion and presentation, please see our blog:
- On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Roberto Noce, Q.C. of Miller Thomson LLP joined Magnum York to discuss the latest condominium case law and court decisions and why owners are suing more condo boards than ever. For videos and a summary of the discussion, please see our blog:
- On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, Magnum York, BFL Canada, and Go West Valuations Corp discussed the current state of condo insurance in Alberta in 2021 and how it impacts your Condominium Corporation and Owners, For videos and a summary of the discussion, please see our blog: